iPad Jailbreaking - speed of ipad 2 vs 3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Nrwrit3r, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

Hey guys! So I kind of have a choice between a ipad 2 (3g+wifi) and an ipad 3 (wifi).

I know the screen resolution is better on the ipad 3...but what about jailbreaking? Since the ipad 3 has more RAM (1gb) than the ipad 2 (500mb), will this make a big difference with JB'ing?

I saw a JB tweak that allows you to run multiple apps in the same window...this seems like it would take a lot of processing power. Is the ipad 3 significantly better at handling a JB with lots of tweaks?

2. -TYLER macrumors regular

Not completely sure how much the speed would be effected on both, but just saying your going to be spending alot more money if you go with the iPad 2 3G, because isn't it like $30 a month?

You should just go with iPad 2 wifi if you would get the iPad 3 wifi as well, to save your money.. (also buy the iPad 2 refurbished through apple, they come brand new)

3. Nrwrit3r thread starter macrumors 6502a

The iPad 2 is my mom's, so it's already in the family

4. Dav1 macrumors 6502

At this point in time, running iOS6 on my iPad 3 you've got to ask yourself, can you be happy with the reduced features on an iPad 2 in comparison to an iPad 3?

As to speed are games important to you? If you like high speed action games you might be happier with an iPad2 or 4... If the games aren't the reason for an iPad purchase I think you'll be happier with the iPad3. Personally I think if you go with the iPad 3 you want the 4G feature, and GPS...

5. Nrwrit3r thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is the iPad 2 faster because of a lack of a higher resolution display?

6. Dav1 macrumors 6502

Exactly, it takes a lot of horsepower to make that screen flow, if you aren't using all that horsepower then it is available for other uses.

7. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Nope, the CPU performance is EXACTLY the same even with apps that actively use the screen too. I've made a LOT of video playback with 1080p software decoding tests and can assure you there is NO speed difference between the two models, no matter what some other people say.

You can safely go for the iPad 3, the iPad 2 is in no way faster.