Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

megahertz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Could someone with considerable experience in jailbreaking create a step-by-step guide from the first launch of Cydia to having many tweaks in place maximizing jailbreaking potential?

There's a lot of room for error.

EDIT: Some type of guide based on recommendation

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
Could someone with considerable experience in jailbreaking create a step-by-step guide from the first launch of Cydia to having many tweaks in place maximizing jailbreaking potential?

There's a lot of room for error.

EDIT: Some type of guide based on recommendation

I assume this is a long winded way of asking for people to post about their favorite Cydia apps? If so, search this forum for 'favorite'.

megahertz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I assume this is a long winded way of asking for people to post about their favorite Cydia apps? If so, search this forum for 'favorite'.

A bit. I jailbroke my phone yesterday and thought I was doing everything right, lining up software versions and not interfering with basic operations but somehow my phone managed to start up and then instantly shut down in a loop. So now I had to restore my phone and the backup which I saved before hand apparently wasn't a full backup so I had to re download like 30 apps in addition to the latest software. A bit of a pain.

All I really want is to get from point A (regular iOS) to point B (a few good tweaks and nice presentation) with the least hiccups as possible lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.