Jailbreaking the iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by kevingaffney, Feb 4, 2010.

1. kevingaffney macrumors 6502a

I wonder how soon after the launch, will the inevitable flurry of excitement about jailbreaking the iPad begin, and then the subsequent complaints that the units no longer work properly?

2. Sketh macrumors 6502

Sketh

There is a thread with almost the exact same title that was started a few days ago already, but I'll field your question here.

How long after?: Probably soon.

And complaining that the units no longer work correctly? If you don't know what you're doing, which means you shouldn't be jailbreaking in the first place, then it's your fault if it doesn't work correctly.

Otherwise there's not much to mess up, even if something does go wrong, just restore and you're good.

3. sumzero macrumors member

sumzero

Ya voiding the warranty of a machine that will probably be updated often just sounds brilliant.

4. Sketh macrumors 6502

Sketh

Jailbreaking does not void your warranty. If you have a problem with your jailbroken device and go to a apple store and they see that it's jailbroken, they won't fix it. If you restore it back to the original firmware, and still feel the need to go to an apple store for a repair, you're good to go.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

3 days, 14 hours and somewhere between 24-36 minutes.

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

3 days, 14 hours and somewhere between 24-36 minutes

Edit: damn, too slow rdowns beat me to it

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

7. sumzero macrumors member

sumzero

ahh.. i didn't know that, (don't own a touch or iphone) well cool look forward to it then, i look forward to running FFVII on my Ipad.

8. Sketh macrumors 6502

Sketh

I'm right there with you, I can just imagine playing a full screen version of Sonic, or Mario, maybe even pokemon. And with such a large screen, the controls could easily be moved out of the way.