Jailbreaking to 1.1.2. worth it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by hayakuu, Nov 14, 2007.

1. hayakuu macrumors newbie

So i just jailedbreaked my touch to 1.1.2. And i cant see much of a difference, in fact its slower then before, and all my apps are gone so i reinstalled them, then customized screwed me over, and all my icons went missing. So i just gave up, does anyone have anything good to note about the new firmware? Or should i just stay at 1.1.1? ( i downgraded again)

2. ohio state fan macrumors member

Me, as well as many others, have experienced significant improvements in the speed of the touch after upgrading to 1.1.2. I have also noticed that the syncing time is much shorter. I upgraded and am very happy. Took all of about 10 min. But you said it was infact slower than before, hmmm maybe im just thinking its faster because i wanted the update to make it faster. o well.

3. Football1maniac macrumors regular

Football1maniac

I've had to restore my iPod twice since Jailbreaking 1.1.2, but still its worth it. I feel safe now that the TIFF Exploit has been patched by Apple, and besides, the little Charging Icon in iTunes must have taken Apple days to develop:p:apple:

4. aki macrumors 6502a

Interested to hear the touch seems faster after the upgrade, but for me, I'm not going to bother. I have a PPC mac and I wasted a whole night messing around with upgrades and downgrades etc etc and now I'm back to a nice jailbroken 1.1.1 and not really interested in messing with it again.

If some clean one- or two-click PPC-able solution turns up I'll change my mind.

(Or I guess I could do it on a Windows machine but I just can't be bothered heh.)

5. ohio state fan macrumors member

It bassically is a two step process.
    1. Go into installer and install oktoprep.
    2. Update to 1.1.2
    3. Download jailbreak file and run windows.bat or the .bat for the mac version, forgot what it is called. (this is an automatic installer.

And then your done. Okay, I lied, three steps but it is still amazingly easy.

6. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

And if you are using the mac version make sure you download the /opt directory to your computer. It did not work on mine until it was too late and I reloaded 1.1.2 from scratch. I just finished downgrading to 1.1.1 then jailbreak / prep and put 1.1.2 back on. Working fine. The radio did not seem to work after I put 1.1.1 on. Kept getting 1 bar and it would say 'waiting to activate'. As soon as I put 1.1.2 back on it started to work.