Jailbreaking/Unlock 2G running 3.1.3 - via Redsn0w 0.9.4 - Issues :(

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Rocs, May 31, 2010.

1. Rocs macrumors member

Hi first off thanks for your time. I decided to dig out my old 2G and update it to the latest 3.1.3 OS and then re-Jailbreak and Unlock using Redsn0W and Directions from Iclarified Site -> http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=7436. Issue is i got to step 5 to select the ipsw i just downloaded form the iclarified link to Apple and redsn0w says "Unable to recognize specified IPSW" kinda stuck here now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am running windows XP. thanks again

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Make sure that when you download the firmware file it ends in .ipsw
    Sometimes the browser will save it as a zip file and redsnow wont recognize it.
    Also when it asks your for the ipsw point it to the 3.1.2 file for the 2G, not the 3.1.3
    Download it here: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750

3. Rocs thread starter macrumors member

Okay I tried Redsnow several times now and I do not know what I am doing wrong. I have itunes 9.0.3. I execute Redsn0w and Select Install Cydia it packs then it tells me to put device in DFU mode. i enter DFu mode and it says waiting for reboot for like one second then says Uploading Exploit, Lolo Ram disk but the who time my screen is blank with just a glow and on comuter it finishes and the iphone 2G just sits there forever.. If i reboot i get back to DFU mode and itunes says Wrong sim car and i see Tmobile receiption. What am i doing wrong?

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

The 2Gs requires special activation via iTunes. IRC you have to select Hactivate while in RedSnow.

5. Rocs thread starter macrumors member

My Redsnow 0.9.4 only shows two options (Either / Or):

- Install Cyndia
    - Just boot tethered right now.

Do i have the wrong version?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like you downloaded the wrong firmware IPSW.
    It shouldnt give you the option to boot tethered, thats just for 3GS models.
    Make sure its this one: iPhone1,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw
    Slow down, read things over a few times and follow the directions.

7. Rocs thread starter macrumors member

okay i tried again and i am sure i am following the directions for Redsn0w. I am using the IPSW file -> iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw<- and it builds then i go into the DFU mode and when it starts loading the stuff the Iphone just goes to a blank screen that you can tell is on and after some time pops back up in DFU mode (itunes + usb cable icons). So now i decided to try Snowbreeze. I have to select the IPSW file ->iPhone1,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw<- for this one and it builds the custom file on my desktop "sn0wbreeze_iPhone 2G.ipsw" i get the iphone in DFu mode and restore selecting the custom file. The iphone never leaves DFU mode and the computer says preparing iphone for restore. After about 3 mins the computer comes back with an error.." The iPhone (iPhone) could not be restored. An unknown error occured (1604)".. Any ideas? i can restore back to 3.1.3 via itunes and it will say invalid sim. I appear to be just repeating my motions... :(

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You were using the firmware file for an iphone 3GS genius.
    The IPSW you need is iPhone1,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw
    NOT iPhone2,1_3.1.2_
    I give up, some people just cannot follow directions at all:rolleyes:

9. Rocs thread starter macrumors member

OMG... Let me retry

thanks that worked...

If someone can delete this Post please do...

10. flogix macrumors newbie

redsn0w Unable to recognize specified ipsw

I had the same problem "unable to recognize specified ipsw" , but thank God now it's solved. i searched for 4 days but thank god finally i have founded the correct solution. I can't post that solution here because of copying content is illegal act so i can give link. Click Here for solution for redsn0w unable to recognize specified ipsw