jailbreaking with purplera1n on 3.0.1 - Stuck at rebooting screen - HELP!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Phat^Trance, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Phat^Trance macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

Soooo I just updated to 3.0.1. So i go to purplera1n to jailbreak it (yeah i know, BIG MISTAKE) and it gets stuck on the picture of the purplerain guy leaning on the iphone...i tried it 3 times and it always gets stuck there.. now when i google on it i see that the purplera1n doesnt work on 3.0.1

the problem is now that i cannot restore it, when i plug in the cable i cannot see any recovery mode or something. tried this on two computer (several times)

i have only windows vista and xp

any ideas?

Thx

2. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

3. i228 macrumors member

^^^ this

4. Phat^Trance thread starter macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

5. matty1551 macrumors 6502

just for reference purplerain will not jailbreak 3.0.1 also, if you get stuck at waiting to reboot disconnect the phone from the dock and reconnect. I know this will work for a fact on redsn0w and may work with purplera1n as well

6. mesamac macrumors member

Thank you

I can't thank you enough for this suggestion. Last few days i am going crazy trying to jailbreak my 3.0.1 iPhone. Always it stuck at 'waiting to reboot' and i was going nuts on this how to fix it.

Luckily i was browsing and searching and your suggestion fixed it. i.e removing and putting it back the cable.. amazing.. thanks a lot.