Jailbreaking with Pwnage Not Working

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Wicked1, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I had jailbroken my phone then played around with Cydia and Icy, then restored it back to factory. I was trying to jailbreak again using these instructions like I used originally

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=5432

But it gets all the way to the end where you have to connect your phone to iTunes via the USB Sync cable and I get nothing, it doesn't try to upload to the phone, it just sites there and then I get the Itunes Disc image on the iPhone, seems like I can not jailbreak it twice. Oh by the way I changed the password back to the default before I restored the phone, however if I can Jailbreak again I will change the pwd again.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Restart the computer, make a new custom restore IPSW (just include Cydia, not Icy) and try it that way.

Run Pwnage Tool 3.1.4 from desktop.

Re-download the official Apple 3.1.2 IPSW (delete the old one from library/software)

Be sure to answer no when asked if phone has been pwned before.

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Since you only have a few more days with your iPhone, why don't you just restore it, sell it, and be done with it?

4. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Most likely wants to jailbreak for a higher profit margin. ;)

5. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

The point is, s/he's getting rid of the phone. S/he should stop f*ing around with it.