Jailbreaking without pc/mac

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by chrio99, Aug 22, 2009.

1. chrio99 macrumors newbie

Hey ya,
    So I'm going to be buying an Ipod Touch 2G tomorrow (yes I know everyone says wait for 3g in Sept.. but I'm impatient and will just exchange and upgrade my 2g at a later time if/when I want the 3G).

My question to you folks is this. Right now I'm living in an isolated town in the Yukon. Where I have limited access to a p.c and no Mac. I pretty much want to Jailbreak my Ipod so I can Play games on it that I normaly couldn't...( wasn' t Super Mario bros a great game..)....ahem ..catch my drift ;) ....in addition to what I would normally use it for. E.g- Music, Movies, Web browsing etc ( yes we have a Wi-fi cafe here.) I don't want to wait till I go home to do this. So is there a way to Jailbreak the latest 2G Ipod touch without a p.c or mac?? I do have limited use of a p.c... but would rather not download and install a bunch of stuff on it. It's the main P.C at the hotel I work for. Everything I have Googled has been fuzzy and not of much use to me. So any help would seriously be appreciated.

Thanks guys :cool:

2. macsarethebest macrumors regular

nope

not possible. can't you just delete the stuff on the computer when you're done???? :rolleyes:

3. chrio99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya... Guess I'll have too..... darn eh... lol
    Thanks though ;)

4. Lukeyboy01 macrumors regular

Lukeyboy01

what PC/mac are you using to put your content on and activating the touch on?

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

to jailbreak the itouch you only need to download redsn0w nothing to install. but to do some of things you want you would need to use ssh and a computer to get the stuff on there.

6. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

simple answer get a usb drive and then ur not limited to space :rolleyes:

8. gta1172 macrumors newbie