Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by agrudsky, Aug 27, 2010.

1. agrudsky macrumors newbie

Hi people.
    So I have a brand new iPod touch (3rd generation, 32 gb) and I'm thinking of jail breaking it.I'm just not sure if I should. I have a couple of questions to ask.
    1. I've heard that if you jailbreak your iPod touch, some apps won't be downloadable. Is this true? If so, what apps?
    2.If I jailbreak it, and I don't like it, and then restore the iPod touch, will I be able to get the apps that I had before jail breaking back without downloading them again?
    3.Is there any way to remove the jailbreak without restoring? If so, what is it?
    Thank you for reading and answering.

2. markojug macrumors regular

1. Nope

2. Yes, through iTunes

3. Nope (I think)

3. celticpride678

Well, there isn't a jailbreak available for your device yet, but I'll answer the questions anyways:

1) No
    2) Yes
    3) No.

4. kylek14 macrumors newbie

1. Yes (for example. text free apparently wont work.)

2. Yeah, backup your iPod using itunes then apply the jailbreak.

3. Not that I know of. Sorry man, I don't jailbreak.

Just my .2 cents, I wouldn't do it, I know some jailbreaks slow down your software considerably, but it's entirely up to you.

5. battlekid macrumors regular

Jailbreaking wont slow down your idevice. Installing a lot of CPU/RAM hungry JB apps can slow it down. A proper JB is a thing of beauty :)

6. Abscissa macrumors regular

lolwat?

You can jailbreak 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2 with Spirit

or 4.0 with jailbreakme.com

I've had both and I have a 3rd Gen 32GB.

--------

But, Everything is downloadable, and then some. Like my ipod is a Gameboy Color/Advanced slave. You can restore at any point via iTunes. And you can get all apps again (download them through app store again.) I'll any questions I can about jailbreaking ipod touch 3rd gens on the OS mentioned above.

7. celticpride678

By now, most devices are shipping with iOS 4.0.2, which doesn't support jailbreakme and there isn't any other jailbreak available.

8. Abscissa macrumors regular

Are they really? (Legitimate question)

I got my touch like 2-3 weeks after 3.1.3 was released, and it was shipped with 3.1.2...

You could always try downgrading to 4.0? http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ Don't know if it's possible though.

9. celticpride678

Unless you have SHSH blobs backed up via Cydia, downgrading won't work. By now, all new devices should be shipping with iOS 4.0.2