Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattjackson, Dec 6, 2014.

1. mattjackson macrumors member

Hello. Just looking for a bit of advice. I've never jailbroken an iPhone before, but I'm debating it. Recently got an iP6 and have just got a bit bored of not being able to change themes etc.

So, is it easy? Is it safe? Is it worthwhile? I've read it can have knock oneffects like making battery life worse?

2. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

Easy? Yep Safe? Yea. You are the safest if you buy tweaks and don't risk the pirated ones. Battery life can depend on the tweaks you have, some might drain battery due to bugs possibly causing memory loss and some tweaks might just be power hungry. It totally depends on the apps you have. Themes can run done your battery if you have a lot of things in use on winterboard (theming tweak). I think you'll be fine. Just make sure when you do that you restore first if your last update was over the air as opposed to through iTunes on your computer.

3. mattjackson thread starter macrumors member

Ah ok, thanks. How do you actually go about doing it?

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I've been jailbreaking since the iphone 1. Try it, if You don't like, restore it.

5. mattjackson thread starter macrumors member

Is it easy to restore it? That was one of my thoughts on doing it. Can Apple tell you'd done it?

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Yes it's just a typical restore by hooking up to iTunes.

No Apple can't tell as the restore removes all visible traces of the jail break.