Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by AngusW, Mar 2, 2015.
Ok so I've seen some stuff about Jailbreaking. I know what it is, but is it really worth it?
In my opinion NO.
- More and more jailbreak tweaks are making its way into the official iOS releases.
- The apps/tweaks that are truly worth it cost money and there is no guarantee that the developer will keep updating his/app as new versions of iOS are released. (some of these apps are $3.99 -$4.99).
- There is always some app/tweak out there that indirectly breaks something else in iOS that's unrelated. This is a troubleshooting headache because it's difficult to determine if the problem is iOS itself or a jailbreak tweak.
I wouldn't do it until 8.3 or 8.4. I've been willing to miss out on iOS 8 era tweaks just because of how many problems iOS has had and has been fixed in all the updates.
I agree from my experience with rooting Android. Can be problems as mentioned. My take on rooting/jailbreaking is that the phones are far enough along, I don't see a need--IMHO--
There is a Sub-Forum you may have seen--
Subjective just as worth is with any topic. Read up about the available tweaks and see if any sound like they would be of use to you. There are quite a few that I still find useful. YMMV.
Jailbreaking for me has two significant benefits.
1. For broken functionality or major bugs, frequently a fix is available there long before we see anything from Apple. A number of these are adopted by Apple.
2. Themes. The ability to theme your device; to personalize the look and layout. This is something I wish Apple did allow.
The only thing I miss about jailbraking is the "status volume" the volume hud is very annoying especially watching YouTube videos.
You should try posting this in the "Jailbreaking" section to get a more thorough and well-informed response, not that those provided aren't.
There are numerous advantages to jailbreaking, just Google it and you'll find plenty of pro vs. con lists...
I was looking quick and hadn't noticed an entire section on it. But it looks like I can't jailbreak I'm on 8.1.3.