Jailbreakme 3 Iphone 3GS question.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by King Bowser, Jul 5, 2011.

1. King Bowser macrumors regular

I am running version 4.01 on 3GS that I jailbroke using jailbreakme last year. I am wondering if anyone knows if this new supposed jailbreakme will jailbreak my phone, I want to update to 4.3.3.

If it doesn't, can I jailbreak using PwnageTool (the sticky at the top) and do I need to update first then jailbreak or can I automatically just jailbreak without updating? Do i need to save anything that I want or will everything stay intact ?

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Just update to 4.3.3 with iTunes and then jailbreak with Redsn0w. This is the easiest way.

Pwnagetool (and its Windows counterpart, Sn0wbreeze) actually create for you a custom jailbroken firmware that you need to restore to using iTunes. Unless you absolutely have to do this, I recommend just sticking with Redsn0w because it will give you the least headaches and I'm assuming you're rather new to this.

3. King Bowser thread starter macrumors regular

What's the difference between redsn0w and pwnagetool ?

With redsnow do i have to update with itunes first then jailbreak ?

What's the easiest way to jailbreak , and why did you say i'll save myself a headache by using resn0w. Thanks for helping me out :) I don't want to brick my phone.

Is there a tutorial on resn0w ?

also i just want to jailbreak , not unlock. Thanks.

4. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

There are billions of thread just like yours. You can simply do a search or even google it. It's not that difficult.