Jailbreakme and Battery Life

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by war eagle, Aug 4, 2010.

1. war eagle macrumors 6502a

Has anyone elses battery life seemed to increase over the previous jailbreak 'Spirit? I got awful battery life with the Spirit jailbreak. Going from 100% to about 80 in about 30 minutes while reading a book on iBooks and my iPad would drain when not in use.

I fully charged my iPad on Sunday and have been doing light browing, recruiting for NCAA dynasty, read a couple pages of a book and here it is Wednesday and i'm at 57% still. I can dig it.

2. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

I have to say this has also been my experience. It makes absolutely no sense, but it's like night and day. My battery life had been getting really bad in the week leading up to the new jailbreak though - maybe I had a runaway process or something and needed a reboot. Now that you mention it I was also seeing drain during non-use.

Still even if so, battery life is great (and seems *improved*) after 3.2.1 + jailbreakme.

3. mixvio macrumors 6502

Nevermind, misread the OP.

I haven't noticed a change in my battery life either way, though. It was always fine.

4. wearehere macrumors newbie

5. war eagle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lol... What?

6. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

I haven't updated to 3.2.1 but see no battery loss, still the same amount of period of 10-12 hours of use with the Spirit Jailbreak.

7. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

I could be wrong, but I don't think the jailbreak itself has anything to do with battery life (although Apple would like you to believe it does). Backgrounding a bunch of apps, installing a bunch of addons, etc. could reduce battery life but the jailbreak alone should not.

8. mixvio macrumors 6502

You're correct, the jailbreak itself has nothing to do with battery life. Only what apps and functionality you install afterward does.

9. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Theoretically it shouldn't affect battery life, but in my experience it does. A few months back I jailbroke my iPad 32GB WiFi and noticed significantly reduced battery life... doing nothing other than jailbreaking it. I did not install any apps from Cydia.

Last week I used JailBreakMe to JB 3.2.1 and have not installed any apps from Cydia... again, specifically to look for affects on battery life. My findings are not conclusive yet.

10. war eagle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, I jailbreak for dTunes but it doesn't work on iPad so I deleted it fairly soon and had no other cydia apps installed. No backgrounder or any of that.

11. nednarm macrumors 6502

My battery life is appalling after JB, I've tried various different things including deleting all Mobile substrate add ons like SBsettings etc. I can't figure out what's wrong with it.
    It's sitting in front of me now just on the home screen and it's dropping 1% every few minutes. I'm not even using it for anything.