Jailbreakme.com crashes on my iP4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 99MustangGTman, Aug 12, 2010.

1. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

I used jailbreakme.com to jailbreak my iPhone 4 on 4.0 which worked perfectly, but after a few days my phone would crash and restart by itself so I decided to restore my phone and the problems went away. So I decided to rejailbreak my phone using jailbreakme.com and I get an error message that says the installer crashed last time you tried to jailbreak. I tried jailbreaking again and the phone goes to the screen where it says, downloading, this may take a while and then it always crashes and exits safari on my phone. Anyone know a way to get around this?

2. socbrian macrumors regular

if u just restored you prob now have 4.0.2 and that update locked out the hole the jailbreak used. there for your stuck till they give out new tools

3. 99MustangGTman thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm still on 4.0.1, I restored a few days ago before 4.0.2 came out

4. evanavevan macrumors member

evanavevan

try clearing your cache by going to settings > safari > clear history, clear cache, clear cookies and trying again

5. 99MustangGTman thread starter macrumors 6502

Tried this, it goes to the screen where it says, sit tight and then crashes.

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Have you rebooted the phone ?

7. 99MustangGTman thread starter macrumors 6502

Yup tried that too. I would try to restore it, but I don't know how to restore the phone without updating to 4.0.2

8. evanavevan macrumors member

evanavevan

If you were previously jailbroken you should have SHSH blobs on file and be able to restore back to 4.0.1. It involves changing a host file on your computer so iTunes thinks it's asking Apple for permission but its just asking Cydia's servers. I forget the details since i haven't don't it in a while, try googling it.

9. 99MustangGTman thread starter macrumors 6502

Only problem is I would have to have already saved that when I was jailbroken which I didn't, so i'm stuck I guess.

10. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

did you run tinyumbrella to save shsh blobs before you jailbroke?

11. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

I have a similar issue.

I jailbroke my iPhone 4 on 4.0.

I then noticed that I had been cut off from the App Store.

It was simply one of those odd things that happens sometimes when you run an unsupported hack.

So I upgraded to 4.0.1, and tried again, only to get the same error as you.

I haven't tried yet, but I suspect that if I restore the phone and try again it will work.

Have you tried that?

12. 99MustangGTman thread starter macrumors 6502

Unfortunately I did not.

I didn't save the blobs so I can only restore to 4.0.2 so I guess I am SOL. I have 4.0.1 but cannot jailbreak until I restore, but since I didn't save the blobs, I can only restore to 4.0.2, damnit this sucks...

13. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

If you were JB at any point, I think Cydia saves your blobs automatically, and they're hosted on Saurik's server. To restore using them, you would have to use Tinyumbrella and read the SHSH from Cydia rather than from your computer's hard drive.

Also, isn't there an alternative destination to get the magical PDF file rather than Jailbreakme.com?

14. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

just to elabirate on this to grab your shsh from cydia, plug your iPhone in, load tinyumbrella, tick advanced options, make sure request from dropdown says cydia then click save shsh an your shsh will be downloaded from cydia.

to restore to 4.0.1
    plug your iPhone in, close iTunes, load tinyumbrella, go back to tinyumbrella and hit start tss server then open itunes and you then do the manual ipsw selection restore and you will be good.... if you get stuck in recovery after restoring go into tinyumbrella an hit kick out of recovery button

15. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

If you don't want Safari to crash, don't go to jailbreakme.com

16. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I have used jailbreakme.com a few times never crashed once on me ;);)

17. 99MustangGTman thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you, i'm trying this method, i've done everything listed and currently running the tss server, but i'm confused where do I find the 4.0.1 .ipsw file?

18. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

shoudl be here: ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates

19. 99MustangGTman thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!

20. coryphaena macrumors newbie

Method didn't do it for me

I just tried this method on new iphone4 with 4.0.2 - tinyumbrella seems to do its job, but I got error 3002 and no dice on the downgrade. According to tinyumbrella, blobs are saved properly with Cydia and I also have a local copy (not sure how to point the hosts file to it, however...).

I've been using other various methods on the 'net and getting 3194 errors, so this may be "progress", except that it still doesn't work.

Anybody know a method that will downgrade to 4.0.1 on new iPhone4's? Note that downgrades to 4.0 fail with 'this won't run on your iphone' errors from iTunes right off the bat.

21. Jayman34187 macrumors regular

or is iPhone 4 crashing on Jailbreakme.com is the question?