Jailbreakme.com not working

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nsheikh80, Nov 24, 2007.

1. nsheikh80 macrumors regular

nsheikh80

I've downgraded my UK iPhone from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1.

I'm now trying to jailbreak it by going to jailbreakme.com but everytime I do this Safari closes and I'm returned back to the Activations screen. I've tried this about 5 times. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Safari crashes as soon as I click on Install AppSnap, not sure if I'me supposed to get another menu after that but I certainly don't.

Can anyone help?

Below is a link to a video that shows the problem I'm having. I'm so close, I just know I am!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqBRo4aX3bY

2. granka macrumors member

I believe that even though you downgraded to 1.1.1 jailbreakme.com will not work anymore because Apple also fixed the tiff exploit in 1.1.1 .

you're out of luck with that but if you look around the forum there are many threads that explain how to jailbreak and install installer.app?

searchhhhhh

3. eggplant macrumors newbie

Make sure that your wireless connection is unsecured as I couldn't get it to work when I was on a WEP encrypted network.

4. MrT8064 macrumors 6502a

MrT8064

same problem here, HELLLLP~~

my wifi is unsecure

5. Tsuius macrumors regular

Encrypted wireless network works fine, you just have to set it up properly in the iPhone / computer.
    Make sure you have the right date / time set up and also jailbreakme.com server could be busy.

6. albinoAZN macrumors regular

1.1.1 is the framework in which the TIFF exploit arose.
    thats whats supposed to happen, then you wait for about 2 mins topps and your phone will restart i think with a icon called installer will appear as well once it reboots. then you need to install oktoprep thats it, then restart then UPDATE your iphone to 1.1.2