Jailbreakme.com not working

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Bitter, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Bitter macrumors member

I have jailbroken many iPods before, and I am jailbreaking 1.1.1 for a friend right now and I have never had this problem before...but....when I click install AppSnapp, it crashes the browser as expected...then....nothing. I have waited for 15 min, hoping maybe it just didn't show the progress on the screen, and I also tried it again and again. No luck. Any advice? I searched for similar topics, no such help could be found that helps.
    I am jailbreaking my friend's 8GB iPod touch on a PC and I am on 1.1.1 already and I used AutoDown from 1.1.4 to get back to 1.1.1 which I have used multiple times, but only on a 16GB iPod. Not sure if that makes a difference.
    And no, I am not going to jailbreak 1.1.4 instead.

Bitter.

2. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

stop being stuborn and just upgrade the thing and use ziphone

3. Bitter thread starter macrumors member

I do believe I said that I am not upgrading this iPod to 1.1.4. Thank you.

Bitter.

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

what's wrong with jailbreaking 1.1.4?

and if you're having problems maybe you should manually jailbreak it.

5. Bitter thread starter macrumors member

I was looking for help with getting jailbreakme.com for 1.1.1 to work, not really turning this into a 1.1.4 thread. I don't want to jailbreak to 1.1.4 because I found 1.1.2 to be the most reliable, and I have been on a jailbroken 1.1.2 iPod touch for basically the entire time I have had my iPod. I have jailbroken plenty of other iPod touch's, as I am right now, for friends, family, etc. to 1.1.2 without a problem until now. For some reason jailbreakme.com isn't functioning properly after the browser crashes. It doesn't install Installer. Odd.

Bitter.

6. Bitter thread starter macrumors member

I am sorry for the double post. But someone on iPodTouchFans sent me an alternative jailbreak link that works similar to jailbreakme.com and it worked successfully. Problem solved! This topic can be closed now. Thanks for all of the quick responses.

Bitter.

7. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

do you mind posting that link here for reference sake?

8. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

Why was it so neccissary to Jail Break 1.1.1 anyway

9. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

What are you getting at?