Jailbreakme.com Problems With Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by sole, Oct 30, 2007.

1. sole macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I jailbreakme.com'd yesterday and only summerboard worked. With iPong and other programs, I install them and when I open them, they quit out and go back to the home screen.

How can I fix this issue? Is it just me or are other people getting this too?

Thanks!

2. mattydub macrumors member

it's not just you from what I have READ you need to install the BSD subsytem from installer and re-install though apps which did not work, as apparently some of them are reliant on BSD.

Hope this helps. :)

3. sole thread starter macrumors newbie

wow thanks. works 100% now.
    Thanks
    thanks thanks!

4. mmfy macrumors regular

That BSD subsytem comes as an option on installer after the jailbreak i assume (hope)?

5. mattydub macrumors member

yes sir. should be included in the installer.

6. mattydub macrumors member

no problem sole. I actually haven't hacked my touch yet. Just been doing alot of reading through the forums to see what people think after executing the exploit. From the sounds of it it works quite well. I may give it a go tonight. Would you recommend it???

7. mmfy macrumors regular

Sounds good then man! :) I'll be trying when I finally lay my hands on one - pays to read up ;)

8. sole thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh wow. and you knew how to fix my problem. How about that.

Anyway, I'd recommend it. For me, it worked great (with the exception of the BSD problem, but that was my fault) and it's really really as easy as everyone says it is.

It is a bit daunting at first, but you can always restore your ipod to get rid of the hack.

If you're still unsure, just back everything up :) Good luck.

9. mattydub macrumors member

Hey Sole, like I said, I have been doing ALOT of reading.... I like to know what I am getting into, and also know how to get out if needed. ;)
    Which brings me to my question for you. How do I go about backing up my ipod?? This may sound like a noobish question, but I have tried a few times to no avail? maybe I am missing something simple?

10. mmfy macrumors regular

the only way i knew how was using non-Apple apps eg senuti. (not sure if they have newer versions that work with the Touch)..iTunes simply backs up one way from my limited experience (Mac to iPod)...maybe a vet here can help!

EDIT: However with the wifi store I'd imagine it allows two-way..but maybe only on purchases?

11. mattydub macrumors member

see, this is what I am trying to figure out. The problem being that I purchased a couple TV season while I was in the USA. (I am Canadian and we don't get any tv shows via our Itunes) I haven't watched them yet, and because of this I don't want to lose them. I am not really affraid of exploiting my touch, since I have been hacking my electronics for quite sometime. (psp, moto phones etc.)
    I am just worried that I may have to do a restore, and *poof* my tv shows are gone.... :(

12. sole thread starter macrumors newbie

I was going to suggest to have the same files on your computer too, but in your case, taht might not be possible....
    hmm... well, I guess it's up to you. I installed and everything has been working just fine and it was definitely a breeze. Either way, good luck!