Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Feared7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
I dont jailbreak much and I want something easy. I have the Verizon Iphone4 4.2.8 and it worked for a couple days. Then it just froze so I restarted my Iphone and it stucked on the apple symbol. I restored my iphone and went to jailbreakme again. Restored 5 times and I really need MyWi.

kfergiez

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2010
You need to go to the FAQ section of jailbreakme..... they actually say to NOT use it for the verizon iphone for now, their update didn't work.

Zac7

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2011
Jailbreakme.com says my device is not supported. I am on Verizon 4.2.8. Hope they try to fix this. I know redsnow is great but doesn't work for mac users. Pwange tool always causes me problems. Just hope the dev team doesnt give up. I hate how difficult the iPhone for vzw is, great service but I guess you can't have it all. ;)

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Jailbreakme.com says my device is not supported. I am on Verizon 4.2.8. Hope they try to fix this. I know redsnow is great but doesn't work for mac users. Pwange tool always causes me problems. Just hope the dev team doesnt give up. I hate how difficult the iPhone for vzw is, great service but I guess you can't have it all. ;)

Um, I've used redsn0w on the Mac (and not using Parallels or other Windows setups). Where are you seeing that it's not compatible?

Zac7

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2011
Um, I've used redsn0w on the Mac (and not using Parallels or other Windows setups). Where are you seeing that it's not compatible?

Wow, I feel dumb. Looks like I misread something. Thanks for the clarification.

patp

Apr 10, 2008
Restore to 4.3.3 and jailbreak with Redsn0w, it's stable and everyone loves it.

Verizon phones cannot "upgrade" to 4.3.3. We're stuck at 4.2.8

OP - I had same problems with my Verizon phone and JBME.com. I would suggest that you restore your phpne as new (lose jailbreak) and try the jbme.com method again. An update was added (according to his Twitter feed). I re-jailbroke my phone and it is stable now. No restarts/reboots, no issues at all where the previous version was all crazy.

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
Verizon phones cannot "upgrade" to 4.3.3. We're stuck at 4.2.8

This is one example where reading and not skimming the original post would come in handy. :p Didn't realize you were on Verizon. In that case, switch out 4.3.3 for 4.2.8. My advice still works. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.