Jailbreakme not working on 4.0.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jward, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Jward macrumors newbie

So recently I was given an iphone, but I have t-mobile so it needs to be jailbroken. Its a 3g and has FW 4.1 on it. I ended up downgrading from 4.1 to 4.0.1, because with the use of tiny umbrella, I found that the 4.0.1 SHSH files were saved. Long story short, I was able to downgrade and currently have 4.0.1 FW on the iphone. Whenever I go to jailbreakme.com it recognizes that my phone can be jailbroken and allows me to slide the bar. Once i slide the bar everything goes away and it sits there on the purple screen. I cleared my cache, history,and cookies, and restarted my phone, but the same thing happens.
    Can anyone help me with this????

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If it was on 4.1 then u cannot unlock it right now to use on Tmobile anyway. You gotta wait for a new unlock.
    You can also jb it with limerain if you can't get jailbreakme to work.

3. BeijingiPhone macrumors newbie

If you insist on using jailbreakme, try doing another round of restore.

It was already on 4.1 so the baseband/modem firmware has been upgraded to 5.14.02... currently there is no unlock available.

4. Jward thread starter macrumors newbie

ok I gotcha. I went back to 4.1. If I were to just go ahead and jailbreak, could I then later update ultrasn0w and unlock my baseband when the new unlock comes out? Also, say this was possible what jailbreak would be best to use?
    Thanks.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes if you JB now on 4.1 you can then wait till a new unlock comes out and install it thru cydia.
    You can try limerain or greenpoison.
    Or create a JB 4.1 IPSW with pwnage tool.

6. Jward thread starter macrumors newbie

ok great! Thanks. I jailbroke the phone, but something I have noticed is that even before cydia was installed, 3g does not seem to run very well with 4.1. Would it be possible to us pwnagetool to create a custom 3.1.3 FW? I don't have the SHSH blobs saved for 3.1.3, but I don't know id that matters or not.
    Thanks

7. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

iPhone 3G does not need SHSH blobs to restore to iOS 3.x