Jailbreakme won't install on my iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by andyadler, Jul 6, 2011.

1. andyadler, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011

andyadler macrumors member

Greetings all -- After hitting the "Install" button on jailbreakme.com, the Cydia icon appears on my screen and the status bar shows the software loading, but as soon as it starts installing the icon disappears. Rebooting doesn't help. Must be some kind of conflict, but where? I've closed all running/background programs.
    Works fine on my iPad 2. Any suggestions? (Yes, I'm running 4.3.3)

Thanks very much...A.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

simple possibility server is over whelmed atthe moment. this happened before when jailbreakme 1st opened wait a while.

3. andyadler thread starter macrumors member

Well, if it was a server issue I'd think it wouldn't load, which it does fine. It's the "installing" part that's crashing.

Thanks...A.

4. Justinb51 macrumors 6502

Justinb51

I had the same problem on my iPad 1. I took the advise on the dev team blog, plugged in to iTunes, backed it up and restored the 4.3.3 firmware. Next before I chose one of the options "restore as new" or "restore from back up" I went ahead and clicked the instal button on jailbreakme. It worked the first time!! Then I just finished the restore from back up. Now I'm up and running.

5. andyadler thread starter macrumors member

Great advice -- I did the restore, installed Cydia, and then completed restore with my back-up. Thanks!! A.

6. Nootherids macrumors newbie

PERFECT! Did it just as you said. Restore and before I selected to "Restore From Backup" when prompted, I unlocked my phone, went to the web site through Safari, and installed. Cydia installed in seconds. Then I continued with the restore and DONE!

Now on to copying all my music again. That part is not so quick :(