Jailbroke 4.3.3, how to install (non-jb) iOS 5?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by ramparts, Oct 13, 2011.

1. ramparts macrumors regular

I jailbroke my iPad 2 with 4.3.3, and I've decided I use few enough of the jailbreak features that I'm better off taking advantage of iOS 5 and waiting for an untethered jb for that. Can I just upgrade straight to 5, or do I need to do anything in particular? In particular I want to make sure I don't lose app data or anything like that. Thanks!

2. Dav1 macrumors 6502

In theory all you need to do is upgrade iTunes to the current version (10.5) then reboot your PC. Attach your iPad and sync it. You should get prompted that there is new firmware avalible, choose it and upgrade....

Ignore the iPad.....
    Stay on the PC and upgrade your iPad. Do not look at the iPad before you finish/complete the upgrade on the PC....
    Only when you are back to the normal iTunes screen and it has synced, look at your iPad.... Otherwise you will get confused, having two upgrade inputs....

In my opinion because of iCloud confusion, it's a very good idea to have a backup of anything you can not afford to lose, somewhere other than on your PC. Good luck

3. kschong710 macrumors newbie

Did iPad 2 really can upgrade to IOS5?As I know there still no ready for iPad 2 to use IOS5