Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marshallbedsaul

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Utah
hello,
have a 3g iphone was unlocked but running slow it had 4.1 installed and unlocked and jailbroke, so i just restored it and rejail broke it with redsn0w, now I am wondering how to unlock it to use with tmobile?

also how do i make sure I can send mms on tmobile, my 3gs wont send pictures it kills me!

not jailbroke
:( stuck here any help would be awesome.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
If you get error 1015 or w.e follow this will work 1000%
I was getting error everytime and recovery mode nothing was working at all so i took the time to read a lot of info you simply need to

What I ended up having to do was go to dev team blog
and
1.Download pwnage tool
2.ran pwnage tool
3.selected my iphone model (3g
4.pwnage tool found my firmware for my iphone
5.pwnage tool suggested download that fw
6.pwnage tool created a custom isp fw for my 3g
7.installed the new fw for my 3g and it did the whole install thing usuall.
8.Pineapple on screen and it worked! no more 1015 error finally worked for me!!!!!!

Last edited:

Steven Jobson

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2011
I've never seen so much obvious lack of trying in a single post. You didn't use Google AT ALL, because these questions have been asked and answered HUNDREDS of times. I know the answers to your questions, but I also know people like you don't understand when people like me talk, so I'll let you do your own work.

marshallbedsaul

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Utah
I've never seen so much obvious lack of trying in a single post. You didn't use Google AT ALL, because these questions have been asked and answered HUNDREDS of times. I know the answers to your questions, but I also know people like you don't understand when people like me talk, so I'll let you do your own work.

i searched on here for 1608 error but keep find 3gs information
I tried to make a custom isp file, but that didnt work still got error
I tried restoring with itunes with hitting option key and load and still get error.:confused:

noiceT

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Catalina Wine Mixer
hello,
have a 3g iphone was unlocked but running slow it had 4.1 installed and unlocked and jailbroke, so i just restored it and rejail broke it with redsn0w, now I am wondering how to unlock it to use with tmobile?

also how do i make sure I can send mms on tmobile, my 3gs wont send pictures it kills me!

not jailbroke
:( stuck here any help would be awesome.

What did you restore to? 4.1 shsh or 4.2.1?

marshallbedsaul

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Utah
What did you restore to? 4.1 shsh or 4.2.1?

I tried to restore to the same fw i was on 4.1 but it didnt work I read that I should try 4.2.1.8 that didnt work as well, so now i just tried to restore from itunes and nothing same error after trying to just restore it back to itunes.

I just need the phone to work at this point and not get this error anymore, but seems like every time i restore it software loads than it goes straight to usb cable and itunes symbol.

marshallbedsaul

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Utah
I have done these steps and get the results listed

Connect the device to my laptop via the USB port.
Open 'Redsn0w". (win_0.9.6b5)
Select custom ISPW - iPhone4.1_Restore
Go through 3 step (holding off and home buttons in sequence) process to put device into DFU mode
Allow redsn0w to complete
See lots of program lanuguage on the device.
Opens screen with "pineapple" man
Goes through...."flashing NOR, Installing bundles, Activating, Flashing baseband (don't interrupt)
Screen changes to "Apple" logo
Open Itunes
Shift "click" restore and choose same custom ISPW as in redsn0w.
When I do this process...it all seems to work well until the end ("veryfing sotware and the barber poll and then back to restoring firmware show in the progress window of Itunes) and then get the 1015 error message.
Device goes back to the screen with the USB cable and Itunes logo showing.

marshallbedsaul

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Utah
ok
I have a usage again! I figured it out after about an hour of heavy reading on several forums.

Yes I was lazy, but I have answers that may help other people that were in my boat

What I ended up having to do was go to dev team blog
and
1.Download pwnage tool
2.ran pwnage tool
3.selected my iphone model (3g
4.pwnage tool found my firmware for my iphone
5.pwnage tool suggested download that fw
6.pwnage tool created a custom isp fw for my 3g
7.installed the new fw for my 3g and it did the whole install thing usuall.
8.Pineapple on screen and it worked! no more 1015 error finally worked for me!!!!!!

SO now
I see cydia installed, but I dont see my carrier in the service bar, so what do I do to fix this problem?
I not sure of my next step.
I plan to use this with t-mobile and a att gophone account.

Last time I unlocked and jailbroke I could not send pictures with tmobile for soem reason.

So could somone shed some light on what to do next thank you.
And the best way to find info is to read I see that now, but i need my phone for later and dont have time thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.