Jailbroke in Windows, but use Mac OS to sync.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by WeegieMac, Oct 11, 2010.

1. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Ok, so with Limera1n being Windows only, I installed XP via Boot Camp and jailbroke my iPhone 4 on 4.1.

I want to restore to stock 4.1, and thanks to the advice of the guys in my other thread, I now know that the "host" file can cause issues because of changes made to it during the jailbreak. This file is stored on the computer, not the phone. Fair enough.

However, because I jailbroke in Windows with iTunes 10 installed, but use Mac OS X to sync my iPhone 4 and it's content, on which OS should I restore?

I take it the host file with the changes will be on the Windows partition? So is it best to restore in Windows with iTunes 10, or restore on my usual iTunes 10I use on Mac OS X? Is it correct to assume the root file on the Mac OS parition will be unchanged? Or do changes occur during sync, etc?

Sorry to create another thread, but I'm leaving work in 15 minutes and would like to come home and get this sorted asap!

Cheers. :D

2. big samm macrumors 65816

big samm

what I did is upgraded to 4.1from my MacBook pro set it as a new phone... then went to my windows machine downloaded lime ra1n... jailbrooke it , then came back to my MacBook pro and synced all my apps back to the phone and Voila!