Jailbroke iPhone 4 4.2.1 "No signal"

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bat717, Mar 31, 2011.

1. bat717 macrumors regular

Hi,

Just got a new iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2.1 and jailbroke it using greenpoison. It now shows that I have no signal. Is this because of the jailbreak (I never had this problem with my previous iPhone 4 on Orange as well)? Wherever I go, I can't get signal. Turning the iPhone off and on again brings the signal back for about a minute, before it goes again.

Please help!

Thanks

2. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Assuming it's a brand new iPhone (and not a refurb) I don't suppose you have the SHSH blobs so you can't restore to anything else but 4.3.1.

Download TinyUmbrella and see if there are SHSH blobs stored in Cydia, if that isn't a workable route then I guess you can always try and re-jailbreak but fear that might not do anything to fix this.

3. bat717 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the advice. I checked for SHSH blobs, but unfortunately there are none. Rejailbreaking didn't seem to work :( Decided to restore and update. Hope that fixes it. Just hoping I haven't been scammed. They said it was a new phone from Apple when I bought it off eBay. Gah. Please don't let it be broken!

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

I see you are in UK and you bought this Iphone off Ebay. Do you know if this Iphone is locked to a certain network or it is factory unlock?

This might be your problem there because you can't just buy a locked Iphone and expect it to work with your sim card.

5. bat717 thread starter macrumors regular

They said it was locked to Orange, and I'm on Orange! I hope that's the case! It didn't tell me there was a problem with the SIM card, I just have no service.

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Most of the time. If the Iphone is lock to another network and you put in SIM for a different network, It gives you the "No Service" message.

7. OCJeff macrumors regular

I thought you would get the "Invalid SIM" message?

Did you try to reset network settings?