Jailbroke iphone 4 Vs Iphone 5

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ferri1c, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Ferri1c macrumors member

Couple questions for anyone.

I have a Iphone 4 jailbroken with the firmware 4.0.1 that I used jailbreakme.com. I would much rather have my jailbroken 4 than an iphone 5 that is not jailbroken.

1. Whats the chances that the new iphone 5 will be able to be jailbroken just as convenient as it was with jailbreakme.com?

2. Should we buy the new iphone 5 day 1 so we have the very first firmware for it just in case the jailbreakers figure it out only for the first firmware? (I wouldn't even take it out of the box until the jailbreak was out)

3. Why is it that the jailbreakme.com group never had an updated jailbreak for the people that bought their iphones much after the firmwares were updated past 4.0.1?

Thanks for the feedback. Like I said I don't care what upgrades the new 5 will have I couldn't ever imagine losing my jailbreak for some stock phone.

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

1. Considering we only get a jailbreakme.com every few updates or so, I wouldn't expect one for iOS 5 anytime soon after release. Redsn0w can already jailbreak the beta, by the way.

2. I don't think day 2 would kill you. :p

3. They are working on other things.

3. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

1. The next iPhone is still a complete unknown, anything anyone says about it so far is speculation and having thoughts like you are at this stage is quite frankly a waste of time.

2. See 1.

3. There were different exploits being used specifically to the boot loader that required the phone to be in DFU mode where with jailbreakme.com they need something like the PDF exploit they are using to be able to perform the jailbreak.

4. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

And while jailbreakme.com (versions 2 and 3) were convenient, that's not to say that redsn0w and PwnageTool (or limera1n and greenp0ison, for that matter) are much more difficult by any stretch. Anyone who avoids JB'ing or upgrading and re-JB'ing specifically because they think those tools are too hard to use probably shouldn't be messing with their phones to begin with.