" Jailbroke " Now how do I

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by crazed rhetoric, Jun 13, 2008.

1. crazed rhetoric macrumors newbie

How do I add apps? I used Ziphone, and I have the icon. Every time I try to instal it says that it cannot find a host. Is it that I cannot install without an active wi-fi connection?

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Exactly, you need a wifi connection.

3. crazed rhetoric thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok cool. Now I just need to figure out my neighbors password. lame. thanks tough.

4. crazed rhetoric thread starter macrumors newbie

OO but what about getting things on my home computer and synching them to my i pod touch?

5. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

I m sure there is a Mac/PC software which allows you to install new apps on your iPhone/iTouch without using wifi or gprs. Just google it.

EDIT:
    heres one if windows is all you have.

And if you use a Mac connected to internet its a no brainer. Just "Create a Network" from the airport menu on the top and you`ll be able to use your mac as a wifi router :). I wonder if such a thing is possible in XP/Vista. I seriously dont know.

In any case it`d be really great if you get a wifi router for your home or office(where ever you use your iPT more). They are cheap enough and you`d finally get to use the safari, mail, stocks, weather and installer directly from iPod Touch. I think an iPhone or an iPod Touch is pointless without any internet connection. You`re paying too much extra if you use it just for music and movie IMO.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I think "lame" falls under the whole idea that you need to actually figure out your neighbor's password to their wifi in order to access the internet.

7. crazed rhetoric thread starter macrumors newbie

And I think lame falls under the whole idea that a person cant make a joke and not get reemed for it. :)

8. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

..or, responding to other people's posts just to..oh, crap...

9. Bwilky macrumors regular

I'm sure there's a program that will help you crack your neighbors password :) Apparently aircrack works on the ipod touch.

10. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

OR just find some free wifi. no need to leach.