Jailbroke US ATT Iphone to Canada - "No Service"

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jamiemac, Feb 26, 2011.

1. jamiemac macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,
    Newbie here. I just jailbroke my GF's 3GS Iphone which she purchased in the US from ATT. She will be in Canada for 6 months so we purchased a simcard from Koodo and we were told it could be used once the phone was jailbroken.

We used Green Pois0n and Cydia to break it, and it appeared to be successful except it doesn't provide a signal for the Telus carrier. Another thread said we needed Ultrasn0w. Once this was installed, the phone recognized the simcard (in the About menu - had all of the Telus information and associated #'s), but said "searching" (then later said "No Service").

When I go into the "Carrier" menu, it says "Unable to load network list". Is it possbile that the simcard is dead or messed up?

I'm out of ideas and can't seem to solve it on my own here. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. wpotere Guest

You need to unlock it, not just jailbreak it. Also, if it is the latest firmware you won't be able to unlock.

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Go to jailbreakmatrix.com and compare it to the jb/unlock chart. Even if you have the latest bb, you will still be able to upgrade to an ipad bb. Of course, that has its own set of issues (no gps, no warranty service, etc.).