Jailbroke using redsn0w and Cydia has a white icon

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MattZani, May 7, 2011.

1. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Yeah, I know I've made 2 threads but different subjects.

Completed the jailbreak using Redsn0w, untethered 4.3.3, everything is fine except Cydia has a white icon, works fine (Didn't prompt me to do any updates though, unsure if redsn0w installed a pre-updated version?) just no icon.

I didn't restore, I just updated, Cydia still has some Repo's from last time installed too.

Anyone else had this?

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Yeah it should go away. Install some stuff that you normally would from Cydia and it should return to normal. After i installed SBSettings it went back to normal.

3. MattZani thread starter macrumors 68030

MattZani

4. Sine Qua Non macrumors member

I had the same issue on my 3gs, but Cydia wouldn't work at all. I tried everything (reboot, rejailbreak, clean out cydia files, boot tethered using redsn0w, etc.) to get it working, but it just wouldn't. I was also unable to restore to a custom or stock 4.3.3, even using DFU mode. After hours of fighting with it, I ended up on 4.3.2, which I installed through a DFU mode restore. From there I jailbroke with redsn0w, and everything is fine now.

I'll be staying away from 4.3.3.

5. Sparky9292 macrumors 6502a

Ditto here.

There are some sites that say you should try to boot tethered, but I think that was a fix for an older redsnow