Jailbroke vs. Legit

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Diversion, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

My girlfriend just bought a new 3g iPhone 8gb today.. I'm a huge tester/evaluator/etc type of person.. I compared how fast her phone opened apps, settings, various programs against my freshly Jailbroken 3g 16g phone.

Her iPhone won every single test.. it opens everything faster over my Jailbroken phone..

Jailbroken = More bloat, slows down the OS?

Thoughts?

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

totally, jailbroken phones are slower. they have more processes running in the background.

3. Diversion thread starter macrumors 6502a

Diversion

I have now Jailbroken her phone using the exact cracked firmware I used on mine and her iPhone still opens apps faster than mine. Both were freshly jailbroken so that there couldn't be any other factors involved.

Weird eh?

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Palm+face

you really think there couldn't be any other factors involved? It's computer science, of course there are hundreds of thousands of factors you're not seeing involved.

5. Diversion thread starter macrumors 6502a

Diversion

I disagree completely. The hardware should be identical inside these iPhones. And I used the same exact firmware image on both iphones. The *only* factor is the 8gb versus 16gb.

If you're implying 8gb units are faster than 16gb units, I would be astonished Apple would pull such a move.

Care to enlighten me? Humor me.