Jailbroke with jailbreakme.com.. but how can I SSH?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by iMichaela, Dec 7, 2010.

1. iMichaela macrumors member

iMichaela

I jailbroke using jailbreakme.com and it really sucks because I want to set up all this stuff on it. Would I have to restore and then jailbreak on the computer? I've been jailbroken for about.. uh six months maybe? I have a second generation iPod Touch (8gb) running on iOS 4.0.

Thanks in advance.

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

"I want to set up all this stuff on it"

Let me guess, pirating?

You don't need SSH to set up things.

3. Traceme macrumors newbie

Search "OpenSSH" in Cydia, download and install. If you need a SSH computer program (Windows) I use WinSCP.

4. 213rules macrumors member

How would you pirate with SSH? I use it for installing Winterboard themes. And by SSH I mean iPhoneBrowser. SSH needs wifi and drains battery life, while iPhoneBrowser just requires a USB cord. Plus SSH makes your iPod vulnerable to hacking (unless you change the default password from alpine, which many people don't do).

Just go here: http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/downloads/detail?name=SetupiPhoneBrowser.1.93.exe&can=2&q= and download it. If you have Windows 7, you have to run it in compatibility mode for Vista.

PS: 4.0 on iPod touch 2G is terribly slow. You should update to 4.2 and jailbreak with redsn0w (untethered for MB models), and it will be a bit faster.