Jailbroken 1.1.3 iPhone -- Maps locator doesn't work

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rogersmj, Jan 25, 2008.

1. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

I'm on my freshly jailbroken 1.1.3 iPhone. I had not upgraded prior to today; I was running jailbroken 1.1.2. The patch and upgrade went smoothly, and I have all the new features except the locator function in Maps doesn't work. When I press the button it just sits there and spins. I let it go for at least a couple minutes and nothing happened. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not sure if it's related to the jailbreak or not.

2. LukeHarrison macrumors regular

LukeHarrison

It's to do with the baseband (modem firmware). The current 1.1.3 jb leaves it on the 1.1.2 baseband, which means that the Google Maps locator doesn't work. DON'T, however, try downgrading if it's a 1.1.2 OTB, or you'll run into lots of problems, like myself and a few others on the forums have done so far.

3. brando88 macrumors 6502

Install Navizon GPS, and run it once... It should restore all functionality to Google Maps!

Enjoy!

4. wrboyce macrumors 6502

I believe you can do a full upgrade to 1.1.3 (including new baseband firmware), then do a soft-downgrade to 1.1.2 (so the baseband remains at 113), jailbreak, then repeat the 113 Jailbreak soft-upgrade/jailbreak routine and you /should/ be away.

Good luck

5. hidehide macrumors 6502

If he upgraded the baseband, he wont be able to use other carrier except AT&T..

6. rogersmj thread starter macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Cool, that's what I'll do then. I assume a restore in iTunes is what I need to get me the full 1.1.3 firmware? I'm off to hunt for downgrade instructions...I actually should be downgrading to 1.1.1, I believe, shouldn't I? Because that's how jailbreakme.com works.

That's fine, I only use AT&T.

7. rogersmj thread starter macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Well, poop. I did a real 1.1.3 upgrade, and now I can't go back down. There's not a lot of detailed information yet, but just like LukeHarrison said it appears that people with 1.1.2 OTB (what I had, purchased in mid-December) can't downgrade using the option-click method in itunes or the iPhuc copyfiletophone method.

And, right AFTER I upgrade to 1.1.3, I read Brando88's comment about Navigon GPS...DAMNIT! I clicked that "take me to first unread post" button and I trusted it, and I missed his comment! This is what I get for doing things early in the morning when I'm not quite awake. I guess I have to live with 1.1.3 until someone figures out how to downgrade a 1.1.2 OTB.

8. Robk732 macrumors newbie

i'm right there with you lol

9. rogersmj thread starter macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Actually, I just got my phone jailbroken on 1.1.3 last night following the guide posted yesterday in this forum. I wasn't entering the right restore mode...the iPhuc method does not work, but the Option-Click way does.

10. meagain macrumors 68030

I can't find Navizon on installer anymore. It's gone. Wow.

11. ckim macrumors newbie

Hi Mrogers. Did this fix the location feature of Google Maps for you?

I woke up this morning and upgraded to 1.1.3 for some reason. Same boat you were in. =b

12. ajl917 macrumors 6502

If you upgraded to 1.1.3 through iTunes, then used ZiPhone or iJailbreak, everything should work...

13. WMuntean macrumors regular

+1 for not having locate me work.

I just used iJailbreak yesterday on a new 16g 1.1.3

14. WMuntean macrumors regular

Installed Navizon and Locate me works like a charm. Thanks guys!

15. ckim macrumors newbie

I upgraded to 1.1.3, then downgraded to 1.1.1, Oktoprepped, upgraded to 1.1.2, touch-free jailbreaked, then soft-upgraded to 1.1.3.

Everything works now.

Previously, I hadn't used iTunes to upgrade to 1.1.3; therefore my broadband was at 1.1.2. I'm not positive, but I'm guessing that this might have been the problem.