Jailbroken 1st Generation iPhone stuck at the Apple Logo and the Spinning Wheel

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by yungscy92, Feb 18, 2010.

1. yungscy92 macrumors newbie

I had recently jailbroken my phone and it was working perfectly fine.

I download Installous from Cydia and installed many cracked apps (about 20). I was using one of them one day when all of a sudden, the iPhone froze.

I did a hard reboot and I turned it back on. All I saw after that was the apple logo, then the black screen before the password screen, and then the apple logo again with the spinning wheel. This pattern continued for a while. I tried several more hard reboots but the same problem continued.

I connected it to my computer and then tried turning it on and it worked for a while. I used the same app and the phone worked fine. However, when I locked my phone after that and tried to put my password in later, the phone froze. I did a hard reboot and the same pattern of logo, black, then logo w/ spinning wheel occurred. :(

Please help me. How do I fix this problem without doing an iTunes restore (I stupidly didn't back anything up.

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

The problem is that you are using pirated apps and one of those is causing you the problem. Buy the apps and your problems will magically go away.

3. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

+1

5. yungscy92 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestions. I seem to have fixed the spinning wheel problem but a new one has come up. Whenever the iPhone is being used and is then put locked, upon start-up it freezes again and another hard reboot is required. Is there a way to fix this?

Also, what is BlackRain??

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Karma's a bitch. Pay for your apps.

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Yep ! :p