Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

godzilla442003

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2009
So... recently I contacted :apple: about my iPod that passes electricity through my body if I "touch" it while it's charging. :eek:. seeing as though it was jailbroken I had to restore to factory settings so they don't get pissed and not replace it. My luck being, it is now stuck in connect to iTunes :confused:, and I've tried restoring to 2.2.1, 2.2, jailbroken, 2.1.1, and none of them work. :confused: after it is restored, it brings me to a window that say's please restore ipod :confused:. fail. I have heard to try to restore to 1.1.1 or 1.1.3 or whatever... the 1.one's... everytime i try them it always says the firmware is not compatible or something. So I figure I can still send it, but I'm second guessing myself now that since it won't restore they'll probably look into it and find that they can't restore it either and say I jaibroke it... HELP!:(

skye12

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2006
Austin, Tx
I fear Apple will have little empathy for you. But if its under warranty
I bet they'll give you a refurb or something.

iDuckApc

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2009
don't worry :D

i've just got my iPhone back 2day after trying to install a leaked 3.0 beta. i cocked it up and ended up jailbraking it. i got it back unjailbroken but at least it works. A leaked version of :apple:iPhone 3.0 Beta is not worth it believe me waiting for an iProduct (iPhone or iPod Touch) is a bloody long wait if your a teenager. iKnow from Bitter Experiences (im on my 3rd iPhone this Year. Yay!)

TurboFan

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2009
yes, i have tried several times to do this using all the dif. firmwares. no luck

i'm already supposed to be getting a refurb but i am afraid they say if you jailbrake it, it voids warranty

So you have:
1st turned off the ipod (disconnect from computer)
2nd held down home button
3rd waited for :apple:
4th plug in to usb connected to an opened itunes window?
tried recovery mode?

godzilla442003

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2009
Have you tried doing a restore using a Mac? It would definitely make a difference. PCs are stubborn sometimes with doing restores/jailbreaking.

I would try it... however NOW my problem would be: where the **** am I going to find a Mac?

TurboFan

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2009
I would try it... however NOW my problem would be: where the **** am I going to find a Mac?

heres an idea, go into a Macstore. (Only if you got the balls to do it)
I think there is a way to do it ssh style, and i KNOW there is a way to do it without iTunes. I don't have the time to go into it, school is beating me down so just search ways on youtube, i think somebody must have a how to.

Link2999

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
1601 error will restore via a DFU restore. I did have a similar problem though where my iPod would reset as soon as I turned it on and it was unable to be recognized by a Mac or PC. The screen was black the entire time and thus it was unable to be classified as jailbroken. Exchanged it for a new touch. Oh and the 1601 DFU restore also requires you to reinstall iTunes and everything. If you look around a little there should be a guide.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.