Jailbroken 3.1.2 3g - need to unlock for T-Mobile UK *unlock didn't work*

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by japha11, Oct 17, 2010.

1. japha11 macrumors newbie

Hi - really sorry if this has been answered but I'm pulling my hair out.

Dad bought my brother a second hand iPhone 3G. Locked to Orange. Works fine with Orange sim. I restored with a custom ipsw which was already 'activated' and jailbroken. I added repo666.ultrasn0w.com/ into cydia sources, installed ultrasn0w and although I get signal with T-Mobile showing I try to make a call and get 'Call Forwarding Active' and the call just doesn't go through at all.

I've made sure call forwarding is off and also did not have 3G on when adding the repo/installing ultrasn0w. I've also tried blackra1n. Nothing is working, I don't understand why not. Can anyone help me? I've been trying to do this for 6 hours straight and I'm about to go mad lol

Cheers

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You need to edit the carrier settings after you install ultrasnow. Google apn iphone.

3. japha11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply. Isn't APN for edge/internet? Will this make a difference to standard phone calling/getting rid of 'call forwarding active' and being able to make calls?

The phone isn't with me right now but I'm going to try this as soon as it is. Thanks again

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

IIRC, APN is for data, but I'm hoping it'll help with your calling issue. Otherwise, I'd suggest you redo the jailbreak/unlock. Also, are you sure your SIM works normally in other phones? I ask because my friend bought my old 3G and didn't encounter these issues. I jailbroke the phone with redsnow and unlocked with ultrasnow.

5. japha11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried putting in the right APN setting for T-Mobile, no luck. The phone works fine with my friends Orange sim and the T-Mobile sim works fine with other phones.

I restored to 3.1.2 ipsw and got stuck at activation (I think the phone is locked to Orange, seen as though it works with the Orange sim only) But when I tried to activate it said something like 'use a sim without a pin lock'.

So I tried restoring with a custom ipsw, already activated and already jailbroken and this is where I'm at. Unlocked with ultra and then tried black. Cannot call out. It says T-Mobile at the top and everything. Is there an ipsw with activation included without a jailbreak so I can do it myself? Will it make a difference?

Thanks so much for your answers and time. I really want to do this for my bro