Jailbroken 3G settings still on iPhone 4

MyLittleRoyToy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
I sync'ed up my new iPhone 4 a few weeks ago. I still see some of the jailbroken features from my 3G appearing on my new iPhone 4. i.e. customized word in place of the AT&T logo in the top right-hand corner. Is there a way to completely start from scratch without losing all my pics/contacts etc.? All i want is my new iPhone 4 to be completely stock and still have all my saved information.

Thanks for anyone's help.

MyLittleRoyToy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
Nicroma - I figured out what you suggested. It didn't do the trick. Any other ideas??

Jestered

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
Austin, Texas
Restoring from a backup is what's causing the problem. You're restoring the exact thing you're wanting to get rid of. If you want to have an iPhone 4 in factory state, you'll have to perform a restore, then instead of choosing to restore from a backup, you have to tell it to setup as a new phone. You will lose all app settings and everything. You'll have to go through the full sync process all over again. If you want to get rid of the modified carrier name, and whatever else is laying around left over, you have to set it up as a new phone.

imac9556

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2004
Sync'ing and restoring didn't work either. I'm at a loss
You cannot restore from backup. I learned the hardway with jailbreaking my 3G. I wanted the battery % meter and used SBSettings to get it on my 3G. When I upgraded to the IP4 and "restored" from backup, it kept the % meter, but it broke the "switch" for turning it on and off under the usage page of settings.
I had to restore the iP4, and do not restore from backup. I have to start from scratch.

MyLittleRoyToy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
That makes perfect sense. Thank you all for the help. I just hope I won't lose any of mt contacts or pictures, etc when starting from scratch???

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
I've noticed a similar issue on mine. I cannot turn off numerical battery, but I want it on anyway so it doesn't bother me.

Here's another idea if you don't want to lose other data (game saves, app settings, etc): fire up your 3G if you still have it, disable relevant jailbreak settings, back it up, restore from that backup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.