Jailbroken 3G settings still on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MyLittleRoyToy, Jul 26, 2010.

1. MyLittleRoyToy macrumors newbie

MyLittleRoyToy

I sync'ed up my new iPhone 4 a few weeks ago. I still see some of the jailbroken features from my 3G appearing on my new iPhone 4. i.e. customized word in place of the AT&T logo in the top right-hand corner. Is there a way to completely start from scratch without losing all my pics/contacts etc.? All i want is my new iPhone 4 to be completely stock and still have all my saved information.

Thanks for anyone's help.

2. nicroma macrumors 6502a

nicroma

IIRC you can goto settings on the phone and reset network settings and it will clear the carrier logo.

3. MyLittleRoyToy thread starter macrumors newbie

MyLittleRoyToy

Sorry. Can you please give me step-by-step details? I'm not so smart...

Thank you.

4. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

5. MyLittleRoyToy thread starter macrumors newbie

MyLittleRoyToy

It was something i downloaded from Cydia back when i had my 3G.

6. MyLittleRoyToy thread starter macrumors newbie

MyLittleRoyToy

Nicroma - I figured out what you suggested. It didn't do the trick. Any other ideas??

7. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

8. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Sync you photos contacts ect with iTunes. Restore. Sync

9. MyLittleRoyToy thread starter macrumors newbie

MyLittleRoyToy

Sync'ing and restoring didn't work either. I'm at a loss

10. Jestered macrumors 6502

Restoring from a backup is what's causing the problem. You're restoring the exact thing you're wanting to get rid of. If you want to have an iPhone 4 in factory state, you'll have to perform a restore, then instead of choosing to restore from a backup, you have to tell it to setup as a new phone. You will lose all app settings and everything. You'll have to go through the full sync process all over again. If you want to get rid of the modified carrier name, and whatever else is laying around left over, you have to set it up as a new phone.

11. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

You cannot restore from backup. I learned the hardway with jailbreaking my 3G. I wanted the battery % meter and used SBSettings to get it on my 3G. When I upgraded to the IP4 and "restored" from backup, it kept the % meter, but it broke the "switch" for turning it on and off under the usage page of settings.
    I had to restore the iP4, and do not restore from backup. I have to start from scratch.

12. MyLittleRoyToy thread starter macrumors newbie

MyLittleRoyToy

That makes perfect sense. Thank you all for the help. I just hope I won't lose any of mt contacts or pictures, etc when starting from scratch???

13. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I've noticed a similar issue on mine. I cannot turn off numerical battery, but I want it on anyway so it doesn't bother me.

Here's another idea if you don't want to lose other data (game saves, app settings, etc): fire up your 3G if you still have it, disable relevant jailbreak settings, back it up, restore from that backup.