jailbroken 3G..springboard wallpaper?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ehnnwhycee, Nov 30, 2008.

1. ehnnwhycee macrumors member

helllllooo guys..okk here it is...

I have a jailbroken 3G without winterboard..i dont want to install winterboard cuz itll start slowing down my phone with all the themes ill put on and such..all I wanna do is put a background behind my springboard.

I did this before, the "wallpaper.png" image had to go in the \library\theme folder, but now that I'm not using any themes, just the stock one, how do i do this? where would my springboard wallpaper.png image file go?

thanks a lot.

2. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Mine hasn't slowed down at all.:D

3. ehnnwhycee thread starter macrumors member

yeahhhh...i knew i would be getting that kind of response..mine did, when i used themes, and sms bubbles, and all that other crap..it started to slow down my phone and lag it more than it already does..but ummmm, yeahhh..springboard wallpapers without winterboard? anyone? lol

4. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

5. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Not on mine, but apparently on the OP's it does. I only install one theme at a time so it doesn't slow mine down.

6. notintheleast macrumors 6502

notintheleast

I wondered about this for a while myself while on 2.1 and just decided to do without themes..... Then 2.2 and an update to winterboard came out and I have not experienced the lag of previous versions. Honestly, it runs just as fast as it did before I JB.

If you haven't used the latest version of winterboard, I suggest you give it another shot... :)
    If your phone still runs slow on this version, then I don't know what to tell you.. :confused:

7. Surely Guest

Surely

No slowdown for me either with Winterboard.

All is working well.

8. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

If all you install is winterboard and select the user wallpaper option you should be fine. Have some control and dont install alot of themes. 1 is plenty.