Jailbroken 3G today

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Rotary8, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Rotary8 macrumors regular

So I wanted more out of my iphone 3G and went ahead and Jailbroke it. Everything worked the way it should but I have one question regarding battery life. Is it in my head or does the battery seem to drain a little quicker?

2. mohicanspap macrumors regular

if you want your battery life at max turn off push, wifi 3g and location services. all those drain your battery because they constantly look for a connection. And you jailbroken question I dont seem to see a difference between not jailbroken and jailbroken

3. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Can Jailbreaking it allow you to use it as an iPod Touch if you cancel the contract?

4. stiphone macrumors regular

i dun think that a jailbroken iPhone will use up battery faster. I think it has to do with what apps you're operating on and what services you are using most frequently.

5. stevin macrumors regular

if you cancel your contract you can use it as in ipod touch anyway... that was a silly question.

6. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Thank you for responding.
    But it's not that silly of a question.
    I've had two people tell me that if you cancel the contract, the phone will lock.
    It may not be right away but I heard it happens the next time you try to sync it.

7. anthonyb macrumors member

Ive heard this as well, from an AT&T employee. Long story short, after the contract is over, you will have a short period of time, sync or not, before it locks itself.

8. Rotary8 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the responses. Turning off openssh was the real difference it seems. Now battery life drains the same as before I jailbroke it.

9. meagain macrumors 68030

wow - you couldn't be more wrong. It doesn't even make sense.

10. dsegel macrumors newbie

Yeah - what would the point of locking it be? You've already paid the termination fee, so why would AT&T or Apple care what you did with it? Why would they want to piss you off?

11. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

12. theevilone macrumors member

yes when I am listening to music, surfing the net and talking on the phone at the same time.

13. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

you couldn't be more wrong. Quit spreading rumors and lies please.

14. Rotary8 thread starter macrumors regular

wondering how a simple question about battery life ended up being a speculation about iPhones locking themselves?

Anyway, another jailbreak related question: For future firmware updates I would probably have to legally update then jailbreak again? or is there no way just update modified firmwares? I would hate to install everything all over again by way of openssh.

15. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

since when is jailbreaking illegal?

16. Rotary8 thread starter macrumors regular