Jailbroken 3GS running iOS 4.3.4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jimmythehill, May 24, 2012.

1. jimmythehill macrumors member

Had my iPhone for about two and half years now n well, having jailbroke it using RedSn0w and tweaked it to how I want it, I never bothered updating to any of the newer iOSs...

I feel a little behind now and as some of my apps require iOS 5 in order to update in the app store I am considering updating to the newest iOS and hopefully re-jailbreaking.

What is the easiest way to go about it and would it be worthwhile to update to iOS 5.1.1? Would my iPhone be able to cope with the update?

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Are you preserving your baseband for unlocking purposes?

If not, then the easiest way would just be to DFU mode restore to iOS 5.1.1 through iTunes and then Jailbreak using Redsn0w. If you have the older bootrom, then you can have an untethered Jailbreak now. If not, then you'll have a tethered Jailbreak for a few days.

If you are preserving your baseband, you need to use Redsn0w to cook a custom firmware and then Pwned DFU mode restore as new through iTunes.

Check our iclarified.com for most of the files you'll need as well as step-by-step tutorials.