Jailbroken 3GS will not boot up

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by aklemarc, Aug 5, 2010.

1. aklemarc macrumors newbie

Just tried to jail break my phone with jailbreakme.com. After experiencing some troubles with text messaging I restarted the phone. Ever since it has either shown me the battery screen stuck on 1% or the apple icon loading (with one line of the black screen distorted). Sounds like others have been experiencing the same problem.

The thing is, is that I have tried most tricks in the book and it still will not start up or show up in itunes. I initially connected it to the newest version of itunes (9.2.1) and have since downloaded older versions of itunes. The phone still will not show up, even after I did a DFU. I have tried restarting my computer with the phone plugged in to no avail.

At this point I am just looking to find a way to completely restore my phone to factory settings or even a way for it to show up in itunes. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

Alex

2. Blazer0x macrumors newbie

The distorted line is "normal" and a result of the jailbreak, which temporarily stores some code in the framebuffer (video memory).

A DFU restore should always work if your phone got bricked somehow.