Jailbroken 3Gs with 4.0.1 and ordered iP4 - What will happen when activate?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ckurt25, Aug 11, 2010.

1. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

I guess another question, if anyone knows, is what version of the software is on the iP4s that AT&T is currently shipping....

I know when I go to activate the 4, I can either set it up as a new phone but I'd plan on setting it up from a back up of the 3Gs. I'm assuming that if it has 4.0.1 that I'd be able to use jailbreakme as well, but does anyone know if I'll be forced to upgrade to 4.0.2 or whatever the newest version that's out, once the phone arrives?

I hope I didn't screw myself by waiting... I wanted a white iP4 but since all the talking heads indicate it's going to be a while until we see one, and the iP4 can be jailbroken, I thought I'd pull the trigger now, jailbreak it and pick up a white one when they come out and sell the 4 I just purchased. My fear now is I'll be forced to upgrade to 4.0.2 once I activate it and losing the ability to use jailbreakme. Is there anything I can do to go back to 4.0.1 if I'm forced to upgrade?

Thanks!
    Chris

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You can't be forced to update. Whatever firmware is on it when it ships, you can stay with.

For you, it all depends on ship date.