Jailbroken 4S keeps crashing to safe mode

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TheSacredSoul, Jan 27, 2012.

1. TheSacredSoul macrumors 6502a

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

What was the most recent mod you made?

Turn them all off with SB Settings, and add them back one at a time.

I recently had Lock Info crashing my phone.

3. TheSacredSoul thread starter macrumors 6502a

I didn't add anything. I installe lockinfo but uninstalled it in 10 mins. It's strange. I turned off Sleep FX and it seems the crashing has stopped. By I've been using Sleep FX for a week now and it hasn't crashed for me before. Strange. I'll monitor to see if it crashes again. Then we'll know it's not SleepFX that's the problem.

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I'm trying LockInfo again, but I'm deactivating all the plugins until I can decide which one is messing up.

If you can't stay out of Safe Mode long enough to do it, manually delete the files using a program like PhoneView. Then go into Cydia and uninstall it so your phone doesn't think its still there.

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

you shouldnt have to do that, even in Safe Mode you can still go into cydia "manage" than delete any tweaks you prosume are causing the crashing

6. TheSacredSoul thread starter macrumors 6502a

Still removing tweaks. Still crashing. And i really dont want to do a restore. :(

7. TheSacredSoul thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok looks like AppLocker was the culprit. Noticed it only crashed when I was inputting my passcode. Lets see how it goes.

8. LaZyFLiP macrumors regular

Do you have MultiCleaner installed by any chance?

9. TheSacredSoul thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nope, only multiconmover.

10. LaZyFLiP macrumors regular

Oh ok. I ask only because I discovered a conflict AppLocker had with MultiCleaner last night.

I exchanged several emails with the developer of AppLocker and he was very prompt and helpful at trying to resolve my issue. I ended up having to disable all my MobileSubstrate Addons and turning them on one-by-one till I found the one that caused the crash. I reported to him the conflicting app and he said he would contact the developer of MultiCleaner to try to get the issue resolved.

11. TheSacredSoul thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ah I see. I miss AppLocker really. It's alot more secure than iProtect. And you get the option of unlocking all apps after the first time you input the password till you lock your device.

With iProtect, you can access Whatsapp if you receive an message. Just have to have the notification at the top and it goes right into Whatsapp even though its supposed to be locked.

12. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Just curious if anyone on MR can look at a crash log and determine what is causing my random crashes. It just happens when the phone is sitting there unused. I'll pick it up and it's back in safe mode. I can't seem to tie it to any particular app or tweak (was stable for months).

So, any crash log sleuths out there that can read a log and give me a hint at what's causing this?

Thanks...sorry for the hijack!

13. LaZyFLiP macrumors regular

Post up your crash logs & syslogs along with what MS Addons you have installed.

14. lordofthereef, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012

lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Hope I am not stealing a thread, just figured it's not worth starting another..

I started having issues last night after updating 4 cydia packages. The two I remember were intelliscreen x and folder enhancer. At first crash logger was saying it was folder enhancer so I deleted it. Now it crashes immediately (never loads mods even on reboot) and no longer has a "likely culprit".

Here's the crash log: http://pastebin.com/gQNjXBKH

EDIT: Just removed intelliscreen, and at least everything booted without issues. Bummer, I was hoping it's not intelliscreen. It's the reason I jailbroke in the first place. Without it I may as well be stock. Going to try and reinstall and see what I get.

EDIT2: Reinstalled intelliscreen X and folder enhancer and everything SEEMS to be working... strange.

EDIT3: Nope, just crashed again, this time saying folder enhancer. I think somehow that and intelliscreen may be conflicting? An uninstall of folder enhancer has me running smoothly (for now). We will see...

15. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

So, it's been stable this go around without folder enhancer. Thinking of contacting the dev to let him know what's happening. Hope it gets fixed. I have 5 too many folder now! :(

16. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I haven't had any more crashes. The strange thing is I was still crashing severely right after uninstalling folder enhancer (even after a reboot) until I also uninstalled and reinstalled intelliscreen. I tried installing just folder enhancer and the crashes kept happening (even without intelliscreen). So I am thinking the main culprit is folder enhancer which is somehow also effecting intelliscreen when installed together.

17. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

if both are paid for you shouldn't have any issues. folder enhancer version 1.6.0.2-1 and intelliscreenx 1.3.7 are installed on mine, both paid tweaks.

i have both of these tweaks running perfectly on both an iphone 4 and ipad2, and have been for over a month. that is why i gotta ask if you paid for these two tweaks.

18. lordofthereef, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012

lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

They are both paid for. After the latest update (2 days ago now) they aren't playing well together on my phone. I have had them both since the day the 4S untethered jailbreak launched and had zero issues before the latest updates were pushed.

I am happy that you are having no problems, but simply telling me that isn;t going to help me much unfortunately. Also, the lack of a single user having problems is not evidence that problems don't exist. Furthermore, we are also talking about different hardware here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

i have the same tweaks running on an A4 and an A5 chip, so hardware is not a valid point. What other tweaks do you have installed? do you have infinifolders or iconoclasm installed? these will both cause problems with folderenhancer.

20. Beeray macrumors regular

I had a similar problem. The culprit was a non stock ringtone conflicting with intelliscreenx. Disabled the ringtone and now its fine. Go figure!

Beeray

21. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

No I don't have either of those tweaks. My point is, and still was, that even with exactly the same hardware, one unit can experience issues while another might not. This happens all the time to people with apps from the appstore. Browse through app reviews and you will find this to be true. :) Furthermore, the iPhone 4S isn't the same, in every way, as the iPad 2. Yes, it runs on the same processor, but there are other subtle, and not so subtle hardware and software differences. Comparing just the fact that they share the same cpu/gpu isn't enough.

----------

How did you figure this out? I have a handful of ringtones that I made, including sms tones. In total I have about 50 I'd say.

22. Beeray macrumors regular

It was the ringtone I was using. I tried everything else and that was the only thing left to do. I just got lucky

Beeray

23. dallasnights macrumors newbie

Solution

The culprit turned out to be SpeakEvents 1.1.2-50,
    All works good now