iPhone Jailbroken 4s or Free iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ARSkemp, Nov 17, 2012.

?

Jailbroken 4s or Free iPhone 5

1. Jailbreak or nothing! Keep the iPhone 4s

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. Free upgrade? Sweet! Get the iPhone 5

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  1. ARSkemp macrumors 6502

Hey everyone, I'm moving from temp to full employment at the company I work for and one of the benefits is a company phone. I know the company pretty well and I believe they are going to want to purchase a phone rather than use my existing one (they do not like employees spending their own money on electronics/equipment they use for work). Both my current plan and the company plan are through Verizon.

Hopefully I can get an option to use my current phone and wait until the 5 is jailbroken but I am not counting on it. Plus, I am kind of iffy on jailbreaking a phone the company pays for. So, if they gave me the option to choose between the two which would you do? I know its hard to say because everyone chooses different apps and tweaks for a jailbroken phone, but I think it would be nice to hear some reasons for/against.

2. Kayan macrumors 6502

There's nothing else to do in my mind than get the free iPhone. The only inconvenience is time w/o JB.

3. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

Is it okay for a company phone to be jailbroken?

4. Elijen macrumors 6502

Elijen

I would get the iPhone 5 ... come on, it's free!

I see what you did there...

5. ARSkemp thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure no one here has asked. It is a pretty small company, and I am joining the IT department which is made up of myself and one other person. I would of course ask before jailbreaking a phone the company purchased and even then I don't know if I would feel right doing it. But if I brought my own phone I purchased (the 4s) that's a different story.

----------

Lol. Have we always had no downvote button? I could have sworn we did when I set that up...

6. drenline, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012

drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

Jailbroken iPhone 4S.

It's basically paperweight without a JB.

7. jpix55 macrumors member

iPhone 5 is too light to be a paper weight! :D

8. glsillygili macrumors 6502

glsillygili

well if you get a iphone 4s it will probably have ios 6 on it and 4s with ios 6 is not jailbreakable so just go with the 5

9. ARSkemp thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry if I didn't clarify. I currently own a jailbroken 4s. A few other employees at the company have 5s so it would be between using my own phone for the company or accepting a new phone from them.

10. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

lol

As long as you can JB it when it's released then get the 5.

11. ARSkemp thread starter macrumors 6502

5s as in multiple iphone fives.

12. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

If you personally own a 4S and the company is going to give you a 5, where's the problem? You'll have both.

13. bushido Suspended

bushido

first world problem ... keep the iPhone 4S for personal use and take the iPhone 5 ... well because its free? DUH

14. ARSkemp thread starter macrumors 6502

They will be allowing me to use the company phone for personal use (theres a limit, but I don't talk on the phone nearly enough for that to matter). I will be getting rid of my phone plan entirely and I am not going to want to carry two phones everywhere.