Jailbroken 4S, what now?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Bajaz001, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Bajaz001 macrumors newbie

Today i was looking at thread (Post your Jailbreak screens) and i broke my word. My iPhone is now Jailbroken. For now i put some apps, got it all working, but i need few tips/guides (i didn't came across any :confused:)
    Basicly what i looking for:
    • decent Youtube app (app that will play mobile restricted videos in frendly GUI, some dev told that isn't possible to release app like that on Appstore)
    • themes guide (how to apply themes and icons)
    • ring tones guide/tip
    • cydia tips (what sources, any alernative to cydia it's freakin unusable with bunch of ads :eek:)
    • browser (i used some alt. but i will definitly stick to Safari if he had "PC browser option" > no m.site on requst)
    • various tweaks (where to start, where to look)

If similar (n00b) thread already exists, please (mod/admin) point me there.

2. robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

For Youtube, try ProTube.
    For themes, download winterboard and head over the the forums at macthemes for the most complete themes and how to install them.
    For various tweaks there are tons:
    1. BiteSMS for better handling of texts and more extended options than the native Messages.app
    2. Assistant Extensions (toggle Wifi, bluetooth, brightness) and Lingual (fast translations) for Siri. Make it much more functional
    3. Zephyr for awesome mulitasking gestures.
    4. FolderEnhancer for better folders.
    5. Lockinfo/IntelliscreenX
    6. SBSettings

The list goes on.. Do some searches for "your favorite tweaks" or something similar to find good threads about it.

As for a Cydia alternative, currently there are none. Theres a web-based tweak store in the works, but as far as I know, it's not out. The ads aren't so bad though, they load much faster on the 4S than on the 4 at least.

3. Bajaz001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, i added some repos to Cydia. (dont no about piracy policy on forum), instal installous, some usefull tweaks (like adblock, more tabs, 5 row etc) but now in cydia there us much options, and all is very crowded. Do otger repos had their own aps?

Definitly i will install winterboard and some themes in few days, any other tip for themes/icons?

And how to change tones (sms/call etc)?

4. Theraker007 macrumors regular

I prefer dreamboard for themes.. the complete overhaul of the UI is breathtaking for me, especially the theme "gyro HD"

5. Bajaz001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nah, it's rubish.
    [​IMG]

See my point, i want destop resault in mobile app. In protibe i get mobile results. As fof now i have destop youtube html5 in safari...

6. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

7. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Don't know? THEN READ IT!

8. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Piracy is not tolerated by moderators on macrumors at all so its best to refrain from taking about adding repo's etc.

I use winter board and themeit for the two themes i use which are noki hd and black ups.

I like

barrel
    aloud
    five column sb
    folder enhancer
    siri hands free control
    siri launch
    spire
    springtomize 2
    winterboard, although this does cause a little lag
    ifile
    aptbackup
    sb settings
    themeit

With these i know I've just scratched the surface but to now these allow me to change my iPhone 4 to how i want to use it.

All the siri tweaks are because apple said i couldn't have siri so i decided i did !

My advice is to do some homework before downloading to ensure the tweak is stable and does not clash with an existing tweak you already have.

have fun !!

9. Bajaz001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Puting repos isnt illegal ;)
    Thanks on info, i'll keep that in mind.
    I definitly will look at post in "Home Screen" thread and decide what is best for me.

Now how about icons? Do they come in package, or they must be added manualy for each app? Also is it possible to "tune" complete setup on computer then just upload it on iPhone?
    I'll look at it. SBSetting i allready look and it's usless for me (3g/Wifi is allways on, BT is off, so there is no much left for SBS tuning).
    How to backup apps (cydia) and generaly how to keepit when updating software?
    Ofcourse, i dont want to ***** up my phone.