Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

riekl

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
So I did the 9.3 jailbreak on my iphone 6s, no problems. I did the $10 freemium upgrade to get full cydia installed, no problem. But Cydia won't search anything. If i hit refresh on the repositories page it just takes me back to the home page, what am i missing ?

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
So I did the 9.3 jailbreak on my iphone 6s, no problems. I did the $10 freemium upgrade to get full cydia installed, no problem. But Cydia won't search anything. If i hit refresh on the repositories page it just takes me back to the home page, what am i missing ?

You're missing the fact there is no jailbreak for 9.3.

Never pay for a jailbreak. They're always free (you can donate if you like but it's not a requirement).

If you paid by PayPal I'd suggest filing a case to get your cash back.

And restore your phone because lord knows what you've just put on there.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
No current jailbreak for 9.2 and 9.2.1, let alone 9.3.

Hopefully you didn't give these scammers too many of your credit card numbers.

Reactions: td1439

riekl

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
No current jailbreak for 9.2 and 9.2.1, let alone 9.3.

Hopefully you didn't give these scammers too many of your credit card numbers.

Damn it ! I'm usually good at catching such things it was a taig9 site and i got tricked oh well !

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Damn it ! I'm usually good at catching such things it was a taig9 site and i got tricked oh well !
Sorry man. Lots of scammers using fake Pangu and Taig "sites" out there.

But the big tipoff to a scam is always money. If money is being asked for, no matter how small an amount it's not a real jailbreak.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
Always check here for jailbreak information. If you have to PAY for the jailbreak, don't do it.

Joe Fusco

Suspended
Mar 24, 2016
Campton, NH
Sorry bro. Scammed.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
No you aren't. There is no paid jailbreak and there never has been one where one has to pay.
Maybe try for a refund to your cc or Paypal GL

Reactions: mikecwest

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
No you aren't. There is no paid jailbreak and there never has been one where one has to pay.
Maybe try for a refund to your cc or Paypal GL

Im not sure if he caught it or not, i am assuming he did because he is go good at detecting the scams, but look at the domain name, "Taig9", the scammers will have a hard time using the root domain TAIG, so they will add a bit to it. Right now we are on IOS 9, so they throw a 9 in there. A year ago, they threw in an 8, for TAIG8...Who wants to guess what the scammers will use later this year? You will be wise to NOT get your jailbreak from TAIG10, during this coming fall season.

In addition, the legitimate jailbreak sites will likely no have a complicated domain name like taig-jailbreak-download.com or i-am-a-silly-monkey-steal-my-money-for-fake-jailbreak.com . They will keep it simple like tag.com, or pangu.io, to jailbreakme.com .

OutSpoken

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
UK
Point of the matter is, there are so many reputable sites and youtube channels to get official Jailbreak news from - OP really should have known better, for someone who's "usually good at catching these things" even worse if he's jailbroken before.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Point of the matter is, there are so many reputable sites and youtube channels to get official Jailbreak news from - OP really should have known better, for someone who's "usually good at catching these things" even worse if he's jailbroken before.
Considering that it's Youtube videos that are often the reason people get in trouble and then post here asking for help, I don't think 'reputable' applies.

Most of these 'reputable' videos are a load of crap that is at best misleading and at worst malicious. They tend to be out of date, promote information that is absolutely wrong, or are designed as narcissistic promotional materials for people who either do not have or will never release a jailbreak.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA

You should never have to pay for a jailbreak. They've been free since the beginning of jailbreaks. Unfortunately, you got scammed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.