Jailbroken, and will eventually want to upgrade to iOS 6, question!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jazzneel, Jun 17, 2012.

1. jazzneel macrumors member

So I am jailbroken with a 4S, and I will eventually want to upgrade to iOS 6. When I restore my phone to stock so I can get the update, is there a way to save all my user data? For example, I have a lot of data for my games i've played, and I don't really want to have to reinstall AND replay all the games all over again to get where I was (especially my 7.8 million temple run score!) I understand that I will have to reinstall all my games, but if I can preserve the data from them that would be perfect!

Just curious! Thanks!

2. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

Backing up in iTunes saves all your app data. When you do an update via iTunes, it'll backup your data and ask you if you want to restore it after you're done updating.

3. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

iTunes has been hit or miss with game saves for me. Although I must admit I haven't tried it in forever now because I discovered AppBackup in Cydia. It works 100% for ALL app store applications. It's a very simple process if you are already jailbroken. If you would like a step by step tutorial let me know and I'll PM you the link. I swear by AppBackup. I've transferred game saves from my 3Gs to my 4 then finally to my 4S. Never had a problem once.

4. chokem macrumors 6502

I did a fresh backup immediately before I started the upgrade. Everything came through. Progress in games, passwords in my PW keeper, everything. This is really the first time all my data has made it through a restore/upgrade. Im guessing because I backed it up immediately prior to the upgrade.

5. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

You used iCloud to back up all your game save data? And it worked for all of them? That's sick! I thought the game had to specifically support iCloud in order to backup it up, and then restore the game progress on a freshly installed firmware or upgraded phone.

Edit: or did you use iTunes? I thought iTunes didn't save game progress. I thought it only restored the app but not it's data.

That's awesome!

6. chokem macrumors 6502

I did not use iCloud. I used only the iTunes restore. As I said, in the past when I did an upgrade it saved the games only, but this time, for some reason my Infinity Blade II and Words With Friends games were exactly in the same level/place they were before I upgraded.