Jailbroken = Broken wifi to certain access points.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by RobQuads, Aug 2, 2010.

1. RobQuads macrumors regular

I have just jailbroken my IP4 and since jailbreaking it I can no longer connect to my Wifi at work. It using WPA2 Enterprise authentication. At home using WPA I see no problems.

Before the jailbreak I was able to connect fine. I have now realised it was also the jailbreak on my 3G that must have broken it i.e. this is not related to the new jailbreak more of a generic problem. A collegue also running a 3GS jailbroken is seeing the same problem.

The symptoms are that the phone is unable to get n IP address from the server. When you look at the phones IP address it has a local IP such as 169.254.111.111 rather than an actual IP address.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Update: Well it looks like its not WPA2 Enterprise just a general problem but specific to maybe some routers?

Another friend who jailbroke his IP4 can no longer connect to his work network but it only uses wep.

But I can use WPA at home, my collegue can use WEP at home so it seems very strange that at certain places DHCP is now failing

2. egraphixstudios macrumors 6502

egraphixstudios

I am using WPA 2 enterprise at work and its working fine.
    Have u tried resetting network settings on the iphone?

3. RobQuads thread starter macrumors regular

Yup I have done a network reset as part of the facetime fix that comex suggested.

I hit the problem quite a while ago but did not realise it was jailbreaking that was the cause.

Interestingly the iPhone Wifi settings shows it as having an IP address but SBSettings shows it with the local address.

4. RobQuads thread starter macrumors regular

Well it looks like its not WPA2 Enterprise just a general problem but specific to maybe some routers?

Another friend who jailbroke his IP4 can no longer connect to his work network but it only uses wep.

But I can use WPA at home, my collegue can use WEP at home so it seems very strange that at certain places DHCP is now failing