Jailbroken Delete all contents and settings. Urgent help needed.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by codeywings10, Jun 25, 2013.

1. codeywings10 macrumors newbie

Hello I sold an Iphone 4 so I decided to delete all contents and settings. I did not realize that this does not work if the phone is jailbroken. So now the phone is stuck with the apple logo on the screen. It has been this way for 36 hours now. I tried to hook it up to Itunes but my coumputer did not recognize it. What can I do Please help!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Did you enter DFU mode? 36 hours seems like a gross exaggeration to leave something just hanging.

3. codeywings10 thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't think anything of it. How do I enter DFU mode?

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Try this article. I believe it is tailored to the iPhone 4 because that is what I searched for.

5. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

How did you jailbreak if you don't even know how to get into DFU mode?

1. Hold the home and power buttons simultaneously until it powers off. It will immediately power itself back on because it's in a loop.

2. Immediately after it powers back on and the apple shows up hold down Home and Power until the screen goes black.

3. About 2 seconds after it goes black release the power button but keep holding the home button for another 10 count.

That's not "exactly" how you would normally do it, but in a boot loop that's the easiest way.

6. codeywings10 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much. I jailbrokeit years ago and have since forgot. I am now restoring the phone.