Jailbroken Home Screen Themes...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dylanursula, Nov 20, 2010.

1. dylanursula macrumors 6502

Hey all

So thanks to many of you I have finally JB my iphone4. I have a question for you all...

1. I have Black UPS HD theme and Glasklart HD from Cydia. However I like some of the ones you folks load or that are on Macthemes. Is there a how to guide on how I can port them to my phone after I download them eg Suave Hd?

2. Is there also a guide for lockscreen too?

Thanks all
    D

2. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

The quick and dirty guide...

1. Download zip file of the theme you want.
    2. Unzip the file
    3. SSH into your phone (WinSCP is what I use)
    4. Navigate to your phone's "Themes" folder - on mine it's /private/var/stash/Themes.uavD3K (I believe the "uavD3K" is a different combination on each different phone)
    5. Find the file you downloaded and unzipped
    6. Drag and drop the entire folder (not including the zip file...just the folder that's created when you unzip it) into the phone's "Themes" folder (the path I described above).
    7. Respring your phone and voila...it should appear in Winterboard (provided the theme uses Winterboard). Select it, respring, and it should be applied.

Lockscreen themes are the same steps.

(If I left out anything, anyone else please feel free to correct it) :D

3. dylanursula thread starter macrumors 6502

Can I get to the themes folder using iPhone explorer
    Thanks

4. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Since I use WinSCP (and haven't used iPhone Explorer at all), I can't answer for sure, but I would believe you surely could.

iPhone Explorer users...can someone answer that question for sure?

5. dylanursula thread starter macrumors 6502

Guys/gals

Can I ask one more question. Say I want tochange out a specific app icon, how do I do that?

Thanks

6. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

go into the bundles folder for the app in question, e.g. com.apple.mobilesafari, and replace the icon in there with the one of your choice. Make sure the name is exactly the same as the icon you're replacing, including capitalization. Respring and it should show the new one.

(This shouldn't be an issue for you, but in case the icon doesn't work for some reason, verify it's permissions to be 644, then respring. This happened to me a few times)

7. dylanursula thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks MCD!