Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dave Felix

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 9, 2011
Scranton, Pennsylvania
I wanted to learn how to do this for the longest..

This is an example of what I have seen someone else with and wonder how did he/she even start going about it? I know people have asked many times before but I'd appreciate a link to a guide or something to get me started.

Thanks..

Example -
img0217.png

Asator

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2011
Australia
I think you need to be a little bit more specific on what it is you want to know exactly.
What do you know how to do already?

Last edited:

murdercitydevil

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2010
california
If you want to make a theme like that, you'll need to learn basic Photoshop skills, basic HTML, and basic CSS. If I was in your position, I would start by downloading that theme and picking it apart file by file to figure out how it actually works. Once you know what does what, you can get a better idea of what you want to accomplish.

Come over to MacThemes forum and post in the support section once you have some more specific questions, if you'd like.

Dave Felix

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 9, 2011
Scranton, Pennsylvania
http://www.hackthatphone.com/4x/themes_with_winterboard.html

Start there...
This guide is made by a member hackthatphone

Thanks, I will check that link out.

I think you need to be a little bit more specific on what it is you want to know exactly.
What do you know how to do already?

I don't really know how to do anything, Im sure it seems extremely complicated but I just wanted to know how there was a clock and calendar on his home screen like a widget. Also, his status bar is completely different, I also want to know how to change the symbols on the status bar. Instead of a battery and at&t bars I want to see something else.

If you want to make a theme like that, you'll need to learn basic Photoshop skills, basic HTML, and basic CSS. If I was in your position, I would start by downloading that theme and picking it apart file by file to figure out how it actually works. Once you know what does what, you can get a better idea of what you want to accomplish.

Come over to MacThemes forum and post in the support section once you have some more specific questions, if you'd like.

Thank you! I will check those forums out!

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
OP do you want to learn how to create themes and such or do you just want to learn how to change themes and icons on your iOS device?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.