Jailbroken iDevice security question?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ritmomundo, Feb 16, 2011.

1. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

Ive got a newly jailbroken iPhone 4 (4.2.6), and an old iPod touch 2g (4.2.1), also jailbroken. Just wondering if there are any apps that can scan the device looking for malicious apps that could have been installed because of the jailbreak? Ive been pretty careful about what I download and install, but sometimes I wonder, and you can never be 100% sure... Android has an app called Lookout (I think) that does this very function, so I'm wondering if there is an iOS equivalent?

Also, I've been trying to change my root password thru MobileTerminal, but I can't get it to open after installing it from cydia on either device. I'm guessing the version on cydia is corrupted. Any suggestions?

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Not sure if there is a virus scanner for the iPhone or not. I have FirewallIP installed which allows you to block and incoming/outgoing connections. Not quite what you're looking for but it at least shows you who/what is trying to connect with your phone.

3. ritmomundo thread starter macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

Thanks, I'll try it out. If anything, it would be better than nothing, which is what I have now.. :)